The HARP program has undergone some changes as of late. The requirements have been updated to help more homeowners qualify for refinancing.
You may qualify for HARP 2.0, even if:
• You currently owe more than your home is worth/you have no equity in your home with your current mortgage.
• You were denied for a HARP program in the past
• You have no large deposits on your bank statement -- previously, you would have had to show these deposits on the statement
With many homeowners struggling to pay their current mortgage payments, being able to refinance their loan and lower their monthly payment could be the difference between being able to keep their existing home and having to find a new one. It can also mean having enough money to pay an extra bill, get a little more at the grocery, or pay a medical copay.
Here are a few of the qualification requirements to keep in mind when deciding on whether you would like to go forward with refinancing under the HARP 2.0 program:
• You cannot have had more than 1 late payment on your current mortgage in the past 12 months; no late payments within the past 6 months; and you must be up-to-date on your current loan.
• Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac must either own or guarantee your current mortgage (to see if your loan is with either of these companies, please click here to check Fannie Mae, and here to check Freddie Mac).
• You have the ability to pay the new mortgage payments.
To find out more about refinancing your loan with HARP 2.0, please contact us. We would love to speak with you and help you find out all of your available options when it comes to refinancing your home.
Questions or concerns? Click below to chat with a home loan expert now!